How to get the most out of your therapy
Before your treatment
With a little preparation your chosen therapy will be more beneficial to you and more enjoyable.
- Showering or bathing before your treatment will remove any creams etc. from the skin and hair allowing the products used during your treatment to be more easily absorbed.
- Hair may become a little disheveled during certain treatments where oil is applied to the scalp such as Indian head massage and facials. If you have long hair you may wish to bring something with you to tie it back with afterwards.
- It would be advisable not to wear your best underwear/clothing, some products may cause discolouration to clothing.
- Please avoid U.V tanning sessions (or sunbathing) for at least 24 hours before and after massage treatments, some essential oils react with U.V light and could cause an irritation to your skin.
- If you are having a facial, please bear in mind that any make-up worn will need to be removed.
- It is beneficial to have light meals only on the day of your treatment, anything more may cause a little discomfort during your session.
- Please refrain from alcohol and avoid using non prescription drug’s 24 hours prior to your treatment, the effectiveness of the treatment will be limited if this advice is not followed.
- Try to leave your jewelry at home as it will probably need to be removed before the treatment begins.
- Try to arrange some quiet time after your therapy session. As you may experience deep relaxation and will need time to yourself before returning to you daily routine.
- Complete the consultation form honestly to ensure that the treatment will be appropriate for you.
- Please communicate with your therapist if you feel uncomfortable in any way during your session for example if you feel that there is too much pressure, if you are cold or if you would like the treatment to stop then please tell your therapist so that this can be resolved for you.
- Please read Holistic Harmony's cancellation policy, linked at the bottom of the page.
After your treatment.
Following these few small steps will enhance your treatment experience.
- Try to relax for a few hours afterwards.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for up to 24 hours to allow your body to rest.
- Refrain from or cut down on both alcohol and smoking to reduce further intake of toxins which would decrease the effectiveness of your treatment.
- To gain full benefit from any oils that may have been used, please avoid bathing or showering for about eight hours.
- Remember that sun beds and sun bathing must be avoided after your session as some essential oils are photosensitive and may cause irritation to the skin.
- Please refrain from swimming afterwards as the essential oils will be washed off and may even react with the chlorine.
- Have an early night!
- Please make yourself aware of the cancellation and late arrival policy.
- You must be courteous to staff, disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Holistic Harmony reserves the right to refuse treatment.
- Any inappropriate requests made to therapists will result in the treatment being stopped and the customer being barred.