Covid 19 Guidelines - Updated 24th Feb 2022
I have read through all of the guidance and I believe that the best way forward is to keep everything the same for now.
What does this mean for you as a client?...
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you are unwell (especially with anything infectious) please CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- I ask that you continue to arrive wearing a face covering. As before once inside the treatment room, If the nature of your treatment would mean that it is difficult to wear a covering then it may be removed for a short period of time and then replaced as soon as possible. I ask that it is left in place (if possible) for all face to face communications.
- I ask that you continue to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- I ask that you come alone to your session and maintain social distancing before and after the treatment.
- Please arrive on time and wait outside until I come greet you, you do not need to knock or ring the bell, I am expecting you.
What I will be doing as your therapist?...
(Including but not limited to the following....)
- I will self monitor and CANCEL all appointments if I am unwell.
- I increase ventilation in the therapy room.
- I will complete enhanced cleaning of all areas that a client comes into contact with.
- I will always wear a type II surgical mask or a visor for clients with hearing impairments.
- I will stay up to date with current best practice guidelines and then update risk assessments accordingly.
- I will continue to follow all my policies, procedures, risk assessments and the government guidelines for best practice.
- As always I will follow the FHT's Code of Practice for Complementary Therapists.
- I will continue to do the best I can to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable during your visit.
- For further reading see Corona virus policy link at bottom of page and the Government guidelines for close contact services.
Please see the following websites for up to date information about COVID-19.
World Health Organisation
Public Health England